What is a strong password?
When designing a password, we need to keep three things in mind:
- First and foremost, if we use paper to write alternative passwords down, BE SURE to shred that paper, no matter how little it is!
- Second: let’s remember that our goal is to reduce the number of passwords we have to remember to four:
- Our network password must be unique.
- The password to “the core” must be unique.
- Our personal passwords can share the same “strong” password with descriptors.
- All other bank passwords can have one strong password with descriptors in front and back.
- Strong passwords have the following six characteristics:
- UPPER CASE TEXT
- lower case text
- Numbers (1234567890)
- Special Characters (~`[email protected]#$%^&*)
- At least eight characters long
- No Dictionary Words
Original article by Vigilize!
Leave a comment
While we’re not a news service, we often use current events to comment on trends and Read more
Another one of those Dan’s New Leaf Posts, meant to inspire thought about IT Governan Read more
The Internet of Things and privacy continue to present challenges to businesses… An Read more
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own em Read more