What is a strong password?
When designing a password, we need to keep three things in mind:
- First and foremost, if we use paper to write alternative passwords down, BE SURE to shred that paper, no matter how little it is!
- Second: let’s remember that our goal is to reduce the number of passwords we have to remember to four:
- Our network password must be unique.
- The password to “the core” must be unique.
- Our personal passwords can share the same “strong” password with descriptors.
- All other bank passwords can have one strong password with descriptors in front and back.
- Strong passwords have the following six characteristics:
- UPPER CASE TEXT
- lower case text
- Numbers (1234567890)
- Special Characters (~`[email protected]#$%^&*)
- At least eight characters long
- No Dictionary Words
Original article by Vigilize!
Leave a comment
We have recently made a significant change to our Incident Response Policy regarding Read more
Even if you haven’t ever used Facebook, your friends and family may have already let Read more
Just in time for the next round of SOC reviews, we’ve reviewed and updated our metric Read more
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own em Read more