Keeping Passwords Safe and Log-ins Secure
As users of your information resources, your employees should be reminded on a periodic basis that they are responsible for all activity that takes place while using their user name. If the security of their user login is compromised, they are still responsible and liable for all activity under that user name. Thus, they must learn and take very seriously all issues related to information security (such as secure password practices).
To help you with your user awareness program, and to offer you a periodic reminder option, I have created the attached “user accountability” poster that reminds users to safeguard their passwords. Passwords should not be:
- Written, e-mailed, or spoken.
- Shared with other people.
- Hinted at or made easy to guess.
- Used in sync with or duplicated by personal passwords or Web accounts.
- Shared when out of the office.
- Typed in or saved in electronic documents.
Here’s a security awareness reminder poster that you may print and either hand out to your employees
or post in conspicuous locations: User Accountability