Social Media Policy Template – Social Media Policy
The Social Media Policies Template
Everything you need to write your social media policy template all in one kit! This template goes beyond a sample social media policy to help you address the decisions that must be made related to your social media posture! Problems with social media can make or break your organization. This kit will help you address the impact of social media.
As a whole, our kit provides guidance on social media practices for users and management team members alike! This is accomplished by starting where the FFIEC wants us to start— with a social media risk assessment—and then ending with real-world decisions in the documents we use to help train users and management team members. The risk assessment, of course, includes proposed declared controls that are covered by the social media policy and as well as guidelines documents. The documents include inserts to be added to your existing Acceptable Use Policy (or to be used as a stand-alone policy until the subject stabilizes). Slides are available for insertion into your existing User Awareness Training and Management Awareness Training efforts!
The kit allows you to consider important decisions related to your organization’s posture towards social networking sites. Whether you decide to prohibit or allow use from company resources, these tools will help you articulate who, what, where, when, how, and why!
The kit even includes Social Media Development Tools for your marketing efforts, and work well with infotex’s vigilize posts, intended to help you create security awareness fodder for your own Facebook page.
Save when you purchase the entire kit!
The following are the actual documents themselves:
- Social Media Risk Assessment: The FFIEC is clear about the need to conduct risk assessments focused on the emergence of new technologies. This document is an asset-based drill-down risk assessment that can be used to establish inherent and residual risk on vulnerabilities due to the existence of social technologies like Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google+, and others. Only $95 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- Social Media Policy: This user-level document governs how users are to use both while on company time and while on personal time. It includes required disclosures related to Section 7 rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). The required controls it establishes are worded as a trade-off: “if you enforce these controls you get to put bank data on your phone.” Only $145 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- User Guidelines for Social Media: This guidelines document is intended to aid your user-level training. Not only does it include information about the Social Media Policy, but it also suggests ways users can protect themselves while social networking. Only $95 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- Slides for Social Media User-level Training: These PowerPoint slides can be inserted into your existing user-level training. Not only do they help users understand why policies exist for social media, but they also include helpful slides about how your users can protect themselves in the way they use their own social media sites, including print-screens showing how to set appropriate Facebook privacy settings. Only $95 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- Management Guidelines for Social Media: The way management team members interact in the social networking space has unique risks and thus Management Awareness Training should include targeted training about etiquette and protocol for managers. The act of customizing this guidance document will help your team determine how you want to managers to appear in social networking situations, and warns against some of the vulnerabilities exposed during the social media risk assessment process! Only $95 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- Slides for Social Media Management-level Training: These Microsoft PowerPoint slides can be used to walk management team members through the Management Guidelines for Social Media. Only $95 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- Social Media Development Tools: We are also creating new documents to assist in the development of your own social media sites. With our current focus on LinkedIn and Facebook, these tools will help you manage risk and, at the same time, bolster your reputation as an organization that cares about your customers’ privacy:
- Social Media Audit Checklist: This is the checklist we use when we audit a bank, to ensure they are properly managing their existing social media sites. Only $95 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- Social Media Development Standards: This document provides guidance to social media site developers so that all vulnerabilities exposed in the social media risk assessment process are properly addressed. Customizing this document to your organization will help your team finalize all those who, what, when, where, and how decisions! Only $195 individually, or purchase as part of the Social Media Policy Kit for $395!
- Vigilize: We would be remiss if we did not take this opportunity to make you aware of Vigilize, which we make available to our Clients and friends for free, so that you have plenty of fodder to use not only in your own social media sites, but also in your user and management awareness training efforts! It’s free!
Leave a comment
Experts warn that criminals may be trying to take advantage of the rush of shoppers… Read more
Recent revelations are a reminder of the risks associated with networked devices… An Read more
New Guidance On Business Continuity Is Now Available… An article review. As part of a Read more
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own em Read more
Despite advances in automation, millions of additional people are still needed… An ar Read more