Cloud Priorities 2015
A good question . . .
But my answer might not be broad enough!
Another one of those Dan’s New Leaf Posts, meant to inspire thought about IT Governance . . . .
The Cloud Computing Association (CCA) is “reaching out” to persons asking their “Top Three Cloud Priorities.” I found that interesting. The e-mail, which looks like a broadcast message, ended up bullet pointing what my cloud priorities COULD be as follows:
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Business Development, Sales & Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- HR Management
- Imaging and BIG DATA Management
- Logistics & Distribution Management
- Mobile Applications
- Network Security Management
- Production & Manufacturing
- Storage Solutions
- Supply-chain/Inventory Management
- Tax, Accounting and Financial Management
- The Internet of Things (IoT): Managing Multiple Solutions in the Cloud
- Others? If your top 3 priorities are not on this list, please tell me what they are.
Here’s my top three cloud priorities:
- Cut back on what’s using “the cloud” on my home network. I don’t have a lot of bandwidth, and the “internet of things” is starting to slow me down as the thirteen devices I have update patches, auto-play movies on Facebook, etc.
- Make sure everybody in the world knows that when you engage with a free service on-line (a cloud service), you are engaging with a third party and thus your Information Security Officer needs to look into it a bit.
- Warn users everywhere that when they get a new computer nowadays, it’s configured to ship data to cloud storage places by default, and if that data is owned by your company . . . . . or confidential to you . . . . . you might want to look into what’s actually happening.
Original article by Dan Hadaway CRISC CISA CISM. Founder and Managing Partner, infotex
Dans New Leaf is a fun blog to inspire thought in the area of IT Governance.