Cloud Priorities 2015
A good question . . .
But my answer might not be broad enough!
Another one of those Dan’s New Leaf Posts, meant to inspire thought about IT Governance . . . .
The Cloud Computing Association (CCA) is “reaching out” to persons asking their “Top Three Cloud Priorities.” I found that interesting. The e-mail, which looks like a broadcast message, ended up bullet pointing what my cloud priorities COULD be as follows:
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Business Development, Sales & Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- HR Management
- Imaging and BIG DATA Management
- Logistics & Distribution Management
- Mobile Applications
- Network Security Management
- Production & Manufacturing
- Storage Solutions
- Supply-chain/Inventory Management
- Tax, Accounting and Financial Management
- The Internet of Things (IoT): Managing Multiple Solutions in the Cloud
- Others? If your top 3 priorities are not on this list, please tell me what they are.
Here’s my top three cloud priorities:
- Cut back on what’s using “the cloud” on my home network. I don’t have a lot of bandwidth, and the “internet of things” is starting to slow me down as the thirteen devices I have update patches, auto-play movies on Facebook, etc.
- Make sure everybody in the world knows that when you engage with a free service on-line (a cloud service), you are engaging with a third party and thus your Information Security Officer needs to look into it a bit.
- Warn users everywhere that when they get a new computer nowadays, it’s configured to ship data to cloud storage places by default, and if that data is owned by your company . . . . . or confidential to you . . . . . you might want to look into what’s actually happening.
Original article by Dan Hadaway CRISC CISA CISM. Founder and Managing Partner, infotex
Dans New Leaf is a fun blog to inspire thought in the area of IT Governance.
Leave a comment
We have recently made a significant change to our Incident Response Policy regarding Read more
Even if you haven’t ever used Facebook, your friends and family may have already let Read more
Just in time for the next round of SOC reviews, we’ve reviewed and updated our metric Read more
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own em Read more