Building Your Incident Response Program
Dan Hadaway and Chad Smith are presenting their workshop titled “Building Your Incident Response Program – “Do we HAVE to tell our customers?”” through the Indiana Bankers Association. This workshop is scheduled for November 17, 2011.
Every time we choose “accept” as a risk response decision, we rely more heavily on our ability to respond when a threat truly does exploit a vulnerability. Even when we select “mitigate” and implement new controls, we do so knowing that those controls will sometimes break. We know the notion of 100% security is a myth. There’s always that event nobody could predict. Our defenses will eventually be breached. This workshop will help you create a program that addresses residual technology risk.
- The FFIEC standards vs. the Law vs. Examiner Focus vs. Effective Information Security Strategy.
- Fitting Incident Response into your existing IT Governance program.
- Creating an Incident Response Policy that your Board understands.
- Creating the Incident Response Team.
- Incident Response Team responsibilities and how to streamline meetings for maximum productivity.
- Incident response planning.
- Creating and using a decision tree.
- Integrating incident response into your existing Risk Management Program.
- Identifying Potential Incidents to Plan for (knowing that the one that will hit is the one we didn’t plan for!)
- Managed Security Service Providers and how to put them on your team.
- Monitoring techniques, reporting methodologies, and how to maximize their value.
- When do we have to inform our customers?
- Dealing with the Media, your Customers, and your Employees during an incident.
- When to bring law enforcement in, and how to actually get something done.
- Forensics: Why, What, When, and How.
Who Should Attend
Information Security Officers, Security Officers, and any member of your Incident Response Team will greatly benefit from the deliverables and ideas shared in this workshop.
- Board-Level Incident Response Policy
- Incident Response Plan
- Decision Tree
- Incident Management and Reporting Tools
- Media Kit
- Customer Communication Kit
For complete details and to register for the event, see the Indiana Bankers Association’s event brochure: Building Your Incident Response Program
Leave a comment
Experts warn that criminals may be trying to take advantage of the rush of shoppers… Read more
Recent revelations are a reminder of the risks associated with networked devices… An Read more
New Guidance On Business Continuity Is Now Available… An article review. As part of a Read more
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own em Read more
Despite advances in automation, millions of additional people are still needed… An ar Read more