We have written several articles, research papers, and data sheets over the years about Information Technology Governance, Information Security, IT Compliance, and the Information Security Industry. Meanwhile, we’ve collected a lot of links to our favorite articles. In addition, our certifications bring us to do a lot of reading and “keeping up” with technology. Below are links to various documents you might be interested in. For other various articles you might want to check out our blog.
Articles, White Papers and Data Sheets
Event Log Management
Favorites from Dan’s New Leaf!
- It’s About Time
- Sometimes Say Never: An Aging Manifesto!
- The Magnificent Seven: Seven 2012 Trends in Bank Technology that will Affect 2013
Regulations / Standards / Guidelines
- Code of Ethics (ISACA)
- GLBA – Subchapter I (FTC)
- GLBA – Subchapter II (FTC)
- HIPAA: Security Standards
- IS Standards, Guidelines and Procedures (ISACA)
- Excellent ISACA Articles:
- Regulatory Notice 10-06
- Social Media: Business Benefits and Security, Governance and Assurance Perspectives (ISACA)
- Social Media Development Standards
- Social Media Audit Checklist
- Social Media Policy Kit
User Awareness Articles
- Archive of User Awareness Articles
- Auto-Reply Basics
- Awareness Training
- It’s About Time
- Password Controls
- The Lowest Hanging Fruit
- The One Control
User Awareness Posters
- Awareness Posters
- Example Posters:
- Are you the weakest link? (Use Strong Passwords)
- Information Security takes team work. (Work Together to Keep Information Secure)
- Passwords are like old barns… (“Build” Strong Passwords)
- We are our customers’ security blanket. (Properly Authenticate Before Giving Out Information)
- What’s in your trash can? (Remember to Shred Nonpublic Information)
- When the mice are away… (Remember to Lock Your Computer)
- Sometimes we should just pick up the phone.
Web Application Security Review
- Web Application Security Review Data Sheet
- OWASP Application Security Verification Standard
- OWASP Top 10 – 2010
Contact us for assistance with your information security and information technology risk management needs!
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own employees aware, maybe it’s time to start posting content for our customers! Download the large versions here: Awareness Poster (Portrait) Awareness Poster (Landscape) You are welcome to print out and distribute this around your office.
Intelligence agencies from five nations contributed to the new advisory… An article review. For the first time, the cybersecurity divisions of the nations in the “Five Eyes” alliance (The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) have released a joint advisory concerning incident response. The report, available here, does not provide a complete […]
PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE BUSINESS NEWS NEW EMPLOYEE FOR INFOTEX infotex has just hired Nathan Harrell, to be a new Engagement Coordinator to assist with all communications between both current and prospective Clients. “We’re really excited to have Nate joining the team to help us keep the channels of communication open!” says Bryan […]
A Webinar-Movie Short Back by popular demand! Our Board Awareness Training program continues with this movie, entitled Vulnerability Management for Directors, that can be presented directly to your board of directors.
Nearly half of all companies expect a security issue due to telecommuting… An article review. A few months ago we discussed a warning from the Department of Homeland Security regarding hackers taking advantage of the business disruptions caused by COVID-19, and according to an article shared with us by our friend Wes Pollard it appears […]