infotex Hits Facebook
Yes, infotex now has a Facebook page! You will find some of the same information there as you do here on our portal and on our “static” site (www.infotex.com), but you will also find some tidbits that aren’t specifically information technology related… as time goes by and the site matures. At least that is our vision.At least that is our vision.
Whatever the content, we will be following our own policies and guidelines as it pertains to our Facebook site. (You may have seen boilerplates geared towards financial institutions in earlier posts.) For example:
- Social media communications cannot substitute for client service. Client inquiries should be referred to the customer service or other appropriate department rather than handled through social media.
- So no, we can’t comment on your specific needs or requests via our Facebook page. But, if you have a general comment or question, we are here for you!
- Remember to be productive. Social media can be a time sink and can prevent you from completing other work-related tasks. Use good judgment to ensure that you have plenty of time to complete all of your regular work.
- I think that means I can’t play on Facebook ALL day. Darn! So, if you post a comment or a (general) question, it may take a bit for a response. But don’t worry, you will get one!
- No nonpublic information (NPI) is to be posted to any social media outlet.
- As a CISA and a CISM, this is a top priority “no no” for me, as well as the rest of our team. We know the issues facing disclosure of NPI. So don’t worry, you won’t be finding any NPI on our Facebook page, or any other site for that matter!
There’s more to our policy and guidelines, but I think that I have covered enough for you to know that if you become a “fan” of our infotex Facebook page, you know that your best interests are our best interests. It’s information to you all the way! But, feel free to comment, carry on a productive conversation, post questions and comments, and learn from each other. This way, my fun way of spreading the news about information security is beneficial to all!
You can find us here: infotex Facebook Page
(Note: You need to log in to your Facebook account to find the page directly through this link.)
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own employees aware, maybe it’s time to start posting content for our customers! Download the large versions here: Awareness Poster (Portrait) Awareness Poster (Landscape) You are welcome to print out and distribute this around your office.
Intelligence agencies from five nations contributed to the new advisory… An article review. For the first time, the cybersecurity divisions of the nations in the “Five Eyes” alliance (The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) have released a joint advisory concerning incident response. The report, available here, does not provide a complete […]
PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE BUSINESS NEWS NEW EMPLOYEE FOR INFOTEX infotex has just hired Nathan Harrell, to be a new Engagement Coordinator to assist with all communications between both current and prospective Clients. “We’re really excited to have Nate joining the team to help us keep the channels of communication open!” says Bryan […]
A Webinar-Movie Short Back by popular demand! Our Board Awareness Training program continues with this movie, entitled Vulnerability Management for Directors, that can be presented directly to your board of directors.
Nearly half of all companies expect a security issue due to telecommuting… An article review. A few months ago we discussed a warning from the Department of Homeland Security regarding hackers taking advantage of the business disruptions caused by COVID-19, and according to an article shared with us by our friend Wes Pollard it appears […]