infotex Hits Facebook
Yes, infotex now has a Facebook page! You will find some of the same information there as you do here on our portal and on our “static” site (www.infotex.com), but you will also find some tidbits that aren’t specifically information technology related… as time goes by and the site matures. At least that is our vision.At least that is our vision.
Whatever the content, we will be following our own policies and guidelines as it pertains to our Facebook site. (You may have seen boilerplates geared towards financial institutions in earlier posts.) For example:
- Social media communications cannot substitute for client service. Client inquiries should be referred to the customer service or other appropriate department rather than handled through social media.
- So no, we can’t comment on your specific needs or requests via our Facebook page. But, if you have a general comment or question, we are here for you!
- Remember to be productive. Social media can be a time sink and can prevent you from completing other work-related tasks. Use good judgment to ensure that you have plenty of time to complete all of your regular work.
- I think that means I can’t play on Facebook ALL day. Darn! So, if you post a comment or a (general) question, it may take a bit for a response. But don’t worry, you will get one!
- No nonpublic information (NPI) is to be posted to any social media outlet.
- As a CISA and a CISM, this is a top priority “no no” for me, as well as the rest of our team. We know the issues facing disclosure of NPI. So don’t worry, you won’t be finding any NPI on our Facebook page, or any other site for that matter!
There’s more to our policy and guidelines, but I think that I have covered enough for you to know that if you become a “fan” of our infotex Facebook page, you know that your best interests are our best interests. It’s information to you all the way! But, feel free to comment, carry on a productive conversation, post questions and comments, and learn from each other. This way, my fun way of spreading the news about information security is beneficial to all!
You can find us here: infotex Facebook Page
(Note: You need to log in to your Facebook account to find the page directly through this link.)
Leave a comment
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own em Read more
Please know that the boilerplates we provide as part of our speaking engagements are Read more
Despite advances in automation, millions of additional people are still needed… An ar Read more
Show this article to your CFO the next time he or she asks for a budget. Another one Read more