FFIEC Retail Payment Systems Booklet Updated
The FDIC has issued the following Financial Institution Letter:
The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) has issued an updated Retail Payment Systems booklet. The booklet is part of the IT Examination Handbook series and serves as guidance for examiners, financial institutions, and service providers on identifying and controlling risks related to retail payment systems and related banking activities.
- The FFIEC IT Examination Handbook series is a collaborative effort of the Information Technology Subcommittee of the FFIEC’s Task Force on Supervision. The subcommittee promotes uniform and effective information technology-related policies and supervisory programs for financial institutions and their service providers.
- The revised Retail Payment Systems booklet addresses changes in technology and provides guidance on The Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act of 2004, including examination procedures related to remote deposit capture.
- The revised booklet provides expanded guidance on automated clearing house (ACH) risk and controls, and on merchant card processing.
- The booklet also discusses several emerging payment technologies, including:
- o Decoupled debit cards
- o Stored value cards
- o Account-to-account services
- o Remotely created checks
- An electronic version of the booklet, as well as an FFIEC press release announcing the booklet, is available at http://www.ffiec.gov/press.htm.
Leave a comment
New Guidance On Business Continuity Is Now Available… An article review. As part of a Read more
Another awareness poster for YOUR customers (and users). Now that we have our own em Read more
Please know that the boilerplates we provide as part of our speaking engagements are Read more
Despite advances in automation, millions of additional people are still needed… An ar Read more