Airline Ticket Email Scam
There have been public reports of an email scam circulating that is targeting holiday travelers. The email messages related to this scam appear to come from legitimate major airlines and contain a .zip attachment. This .zip attachment appears to contain a purchase invoice and flight ticket. If a user opens this attachment, malicious code may be installed on the system.
Users are encouraged to do the following to help mitigate the risks:
- Install antivirus software and keep the virus signatures up to date.
- Use caution when opening attachments.
- Refer to the Recognizing Email Scams article.
- Refer to the Avoiding Email Scams article.
- Refer to the Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks article.
Leave a comment
Voice assistants can be helpful, but their “always on” functionality can leave you vu Read more
Previously thought to be designed to deliver a DDoS attack, VPNFilter can alter data Read more
Getting a message to the user is one thing, having them see it is another… An article Read more
US Cyber Command joins with the FS-ISAC to share threat intelligence… An article revi Read more